Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enjoying rowing

I started rowing this week and really enjoy it. I went from 12 minutes the first day to 15 the second. I did 16 today. I am trying to work up to 20 minutes a day. I am down to 141.3 so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I might see the 140's tomorrow. That has never happened before. That would be a big boost for me. Not as big as seeing a 1 and a 3 in the first two spots, but seeing a 140 even if it is 140.9 would be nice. I think that if not tomorrow than I can count on that happening for Saturday.
Well, we made the decision to move my son's daycare. It has been a very hard decision, but I think we have found a place that we like. When I initially went there, I was not all that happy with the place, but after getting a few more answers and talking with the director, I like it a lot more. My only issue now is telling his current daycare. I love them and I hate that he has to leave them. I also do not look forward to telling my son's best friend at his current school. Those two have been best friends for a while now. I know that they would be split up next year when they both go to elementary school anyways, but it hurts knowing that I am the cause now. I feel so bad for him and for my son. They are going to miss each other. I hate knowing that I will cause hurt for another child for a while. I know we will get the boys together and that his friend will eventually find another best friend, but I still find it upsetting. Poor guys. Being a mother is dealing with a lifetime full of guilt. Everyone keeps asking me if I have talked to my son about moving schools. I have, but I am not sure how much he really understands. I am going to talk to him some more tonight before bed.

No comments: