Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fat girl

Today the fat girl inside of me came out. I was home with my sick son, and she came a calling. Normally I silence her, but today I gave in. I had ice cream. It was a wonderful peanut butter ice cream with mini peanut butter cups inside. Now, if Target had had my favorite, cheesecake brownie, I would have likely eaten the whole thing, but they did not so I got a one serving ice cream from Edy's. It was good. I ate lots of french fries with dinner too. The irony being that I rarely make french fries any more. I figured that the poor girl rarely gets to live a little. I was going to allow her to live a little today. Tomorrow is a different story. I have not been able to get back to the gym due to my illness and now my son's. I am planning tomorrow depending on how tonight goes. My son has croup and the problem with croup is that it is always worse at night. But if not tomorrow, then I will try Saturday. I will not likely run more than a 5k on Saturday. I need to get back into it slowly. If I do not get to test my knee tomorrow at the am at the gym, then I will likely just walk this weekend anyways. I think I am fully healed, but I do not want to risk re-injury. I ran up the stairs a few times today. My knee felt fine.
My husband claims he is drained from this cold. That is how I felt Monday. I told him that he would feel that way come Thurs or Fri. The good news is that it is downhill from that point. The bad news is that the recovery in general is slow. I hit the wall today at 4p. I was just too tired to do anything else. Granted, I worked my tail off this am cleaning the house and organizing the kids' toys while my son rested, but still. I am hoping to be completely back to normal tomorrow. I just want to feel energized and normal.
I feel like we contributed to Jackson's illness. We did not have him nap this weekend and he went to bed late both Fri and Sat night. I know he would have gotten the cold anyways. (We have all had it now.) I honestly believe that lack of sleep makes your immune system weaker. I really believe that with children. Anyways, I feel like sometimes we do not do our children any favors. We just need to do better to take care of our children and each other. We spend so much time worry about pleasing others instead of focusing on what works for us and for our family. We have got to fix that.
I have resolved my goals to get to 130 by my 35th birthday. I just threw up as I typed that by the way. I just realized that I turn 35 in less than 6 months. Yuck. I knew I was 34, but I guess I did not realize how close 35 is. (Ok actually for a minute there, I thought I was 33 and turning 34. Funny how you start denying early.)
Ok, I would like to point out to all of the fall lovers that my son (half of my family actually) is ill for the first day of fall. Trust me, it is an uphill battle from here. Tis the season of cold, flu, and illness...glad someone enjoys cold and flu season.

No comments: