Friday, September 3, 2010

My karma is upside down

I am not sure what I have done, but I have had the worst karma this week. Every other day I have had a major disaster at work and then on the days in between, minor problems. I am starting to wonder what I did. I feel like I need to burn some herbs or something to release the bad karma. I ran over a squirrel last week. I had a choice. I could either slam on my brakes with both kids in the car or hit it. I honestly thought it was going to retreat too so I chose not to slam on my brakes. I am pretty sure I hit it and killed it and am now left wondering if that is the reason for my karma.
I am ready The Gift of Fear right now. It pretty much justifies how I feel on a daily basis. I am equally leery about everyone. My husband always mocks me for it, but the author claims that I am right to be leery, and that despite popular beliefs, there are no safe places in the US for women. I am going to make sure that my children are protected. That is my main reason for reading this book and the other book I got, Protecting the Gift. The statistic is that 3 out of 4 women will be affected by a violent crime at some point in their lives. How scary is that? Makes you want to be a man....
I hope my sister is ok. She live on the sound north of the Outer Banks. I worry about flooding for her beautiful house. She said yesterday that the kids were excited about being able to swim and tube down the streets. I am more worried about her house. Hopefully they will be ok.
I feel like I have made better choices all. I went to the gym Tu-Fri of this week and have not had one screaming match with the kids. I have managed to be a calm parent even when situations were frustrating. I think my kids are happier and calmer too because of it. It just makes for a happier family all around.

No comments: