Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today is the first test

I am walking this am. It will be interesting to see how the knee does. I had very few instances of pain yesterday so I am hopeful. I plan to walk today and tomorrow. I will start some squats on Monday and then hit the elliptical machine at the gym on Tuesday. I hope to be back doing squats and lunges both by the following Monday. I hope to be doing the rotating stairs sometime late next week and maybe even run next weekend. I feel like I have a good rehab plan. Hopefully I am right. I am very nervous about reinjury. This is miserable. It was mostly in my chest and the top of my head until late last night. Now it is in my head completely. I hate this part of not being able to breathe. I just want it to go away. It woke me up at 4am. Now I sit here waiting for the sun to come up. I work in TV, but early ams like this, I really hate infomercials when I am impatiently waiting for something else to happen so I end up watching Sports Center which would be, but with the volume off, you really miss a lot of what is going on. I'll tell you a secret that I tell no one else...I do not actually hate football. My husband will be very surprised to learn this. I hate watching football for hours on end, but I pretty much hate watching anything for hours on end. That is just me. I like the drama of football. I actually like the drama of sports in general. Football always has a lot of it. That is the answer as to why I tend to know more about sports than I should given the fact that I never watch it...I keep up with it through the internet and pick up enough from the gentlemen I am around at work and at home. Going to the gym too helps these days. Sports Center is on there at 5a. It is 100 times better than watching CNN which for a while only ran stories about the oil spill in the gulf. It was literally the same thing every night.
Why do I hate wathing anything on TV for hours on end? I do not have the patience. I always feel like I could be doing something else. Plus with sports, it can get monotenous. To me, it is all about the end result. It is not like a book to me. I do not really care for the most part how it got to the end. There are some exceptions, of course, but those in football are maybe what two games a week?? I love NASCAR, but I even feel the same way about that. I cannot sit and just watch a race for hours on end. I get bored. Aside from the drama in the race, it is really all about the end, isn't it? Of course, I am only really happy when Kyle Busch wins, but that is just me. Ask my daughter what we say on race day and she says, "Go Kyle Busch!"

No comments: