Monday, September 13, 2010

One leg injury later...

My knee right knee is killing me on the outer side of it. It is ok if I am walking until I rest it for a while or go up or down a stair. Then it hurts like hell. When I am just walking for any length of time it is ok. A co-worker thinks I should seek medical attention. I just feel like a doc is going to tell me to rest it, ice it, heat it, etc which I am already doing. I am just hoping it is better tomorrow and that maybe I can hit the gym by Wed and then run again by Saturday. Maybe I will not run and just walk. Maybe I will take another week off from running. The crazy thing is that my quadricep muscles still hurt...go figure. It has been two full days since I did regular squats and lunges. My muscles must be shredded in my legs or something.
If I recover from this episode in the next week or two, I am going to do it. I am going to run a half marathon. I probably will not have enough time for this one in November, but maybe for an early spring one or the August one if I have to wait that long. I am going to do it because I can run. I am now a little more thankful (ok, a lot more thankful) for the ability to run. It is a gift. I need to remember that.

No comments: