Monday, September 20, 2010

I am tired of being superwoman.

This is by far the most run down I have ever been. It is pretty awful. The good news is that my knee feels better, but between the cold and way too many busy weekends (especially this one--I did not even make it to the grocery store) I am physically at my limit. I think that my body is revolting. It has just had enough. I just need some rest and a break. Summer cold are always the worst they say. This one has been bad and weird. It has gone through cycles. A few times I even thought it was over. Not so much. I feel better today, but I wonder if tomorrow I will feel more ill again. I never know. I am hoping to make it to the gym tomorrow. My test walk with my daughter this past weekend was nice. I really enjoyed taking her with me on my walk. I did miss having some alone time. Come to think of it...the only alone time I have had in the last 8 days has been in the car going to work, to the bank for work, to a store during lunch, the 20 minutes I get once I get home after to work where I am running around cooking dinner or going home. I guess I really need my am trips to the gym back and my am runs. I need that quiet peace. Lord knows that there has been no peace in this house in the last two months. We desperately need some peace.
Men make me laugh. How can a woman possibly feel amorous when she is completely run down. That is the irony of it. I told my husband this past weekend that he expects too much. I cannot do it all and then some. Doing it all is plenty enough I feel. Frankly, I am tired of being superwoman. I do not enjoy it. It is exhausting. Somethings gotta give....
I ran a little in the yard tonight chasing my son's baseball. My knee felt ok. It felt awkward. It did not hurt, though, so I am happy. Keep your fingers crossed it stays that way. I certainly am.

No comments: