Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let's see what I can do.

Still at 147.5 as of yesterday. I do well all week and then blow it each weekend. It is so frustrating. It is not like I don't exercise on the weekends either. It must be my food intake and I think it is more what I eat than how much. I always drop 3 pounds by Wednesday so you do the math. I must seriously eat something that makes me retain water. My thought is the tortilla chips SO I have resolved to give up tortilla chips for a month. It bums me out because to me there is nothing better than salsa and tortilla chips (except peanut butter which is my favorite.) I am off tortilla chips and sweets too. One month. We will see where this takes me. I have not missed a workout yet either so that is 5 days in row now. I thought for sure I was going to miss yesterday's, but I got Jon and the kids out for a walk, and yes it was a workout because I pushed both kids in the double stroller for almost 5K. That counts. That is tough, but it is my new addiction. I love the way my legs feel after I push 75 pounds worth of kids in a stroller.
My garden is coming along nicely. The cayenne peppers are growing. I have several baby cayennes. Then my bell peppers will be ready for picking in about 3-5 days. We might actually get to eat them this weekend. They look GREAT! I cannot wait. I have tomatoes coming in too. They are on my daughter's plant. There are about 4. Mine has yet to produce anything other than flowers. The carrots look good. Another week or so and we should be able to pull some. My regular sized pumpkin is growing so well. I am pretty proud of it, and my son's watermelon has taken off. I got so tickled to see the beginnings of flowers on the pumpkin vine. It just made me happy. My jardale is growing but is growing in a clumpy form. I don't know if they just do that or if mine is weird. The only two complaints I have is 1. Most of my vines are growing in the wrong direction. Everyone says that it is natural for them to grow towards the sun. Um, they are not growing towards the sun, thank you. 2. I found 3 squash bugs on my squash plant and some eggs. I came to the realization that since I will not use pesticides that I will have to kill the bugs myself so I did along with the eggs. Yucky. Hate doing that, but I don't want mosaic virus again. (I'll save that story for another day.)
I feel sexier these days. Having your hubby tell you that your legs look toned will do that to you... It was a nice compliment. Maybe even on the cherry pie level of good...

No comments: