Thursday, June 24, 2010

Will it ever rain again.

I am tired of watering the garden. I do not want my next month's water bill. I water and water and water. I need it to rain. I had high hopes when I got home tonight. The sky had darkened, the thunder was off in the distance, it was over 100 today, and my husband is out of town (my son is terrified of thunderstorms so I swore that it would storm while my hubby is gone.) Nope. It is windy and the thunder comes and goes, BUT no rain. I even went out to water the potted plants figuring that would start the rain. Nope. Got a handful of drops and that is it.
The good news is that my jardale pumpkin looks good despite the lack of rain and vine borer. The pumpkin is definitely growing and there is a flower that I suspect will open tomorrow. Loving that. My regular pumpkin vine looks great. The pumpkin on it is growing well. My son's watermelon looks amazing too. It should be ready to eat in a week or two.
My husband comes home tonight. I am glad. I do miss him when he is gone. I am down to 143 even on Monday's so I think I will get to 140 by the end of next week if I really work hard which I plan to. I learned that rest is as important as exercise. Who would think!

No comments: