Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Harvested the watermelon

My son looked really cute holding his watermelon. We harvested one of my daughter's tomatoes too. She was pretty jazzed. It was still a little orange, but I am dying to see how it is on the inside. My giant tomato is still as green as a green tomato. Not sure if or when it will change. The odd thing is the cayenne peppers. They do not gradually turn red like the tomatoes do. They turn red immediately bit by bit so I literally have cayennes now that look like Christmas. They are half red and half green. It is weird. The jardale pumpkins are growing well. I have two large ones now. I am not sure when to harvest those. From pictures they look dark green. They are very light green now so I guess I will wait until they get really dark. My acorn squash is dying. The wombs on the female flowers are odd shaped. I would pull it out, but I prefer the bad bugs to head that way so I am leery about getting rid of it altogether.
I should hit 143 low tomorrow. I am hopeful that I will hit 142 this week. That will be the lowest on this scale ever. I ran for the first time today in about 6 weeks. I forgot how much I really enjoy running. I cannot wait to do it tomorrow, but I am most certainly going to be sore tomorrow. Yikes.
I had a very rough afternoon at work. I am still having a hard time coming down from it which is not like me. Normally, I am able to compartmentalize. I am having a tough time doing it today for whatever reason. I need a break. I am looking forward to this weekend for the break alone. No family coming to visit. I love my family, but this past weekend was not really a break. Three more days to get through....if I can just make it another three days.

No comments: