Saturday, June 12, 2010

One last thought today

I am beside myself over Kyron, the missing child in Oregon. Why? I feel like your house should be a safe haven for your kids. I feel like school, too, should be a safe haven. Your kids should be safe at school. That is just how I feel. I understand the danger of bullies, mean teachers, etc, but by and large, they should be physically safe. What happened to him? Could it happen to my children when they go to school? Until I know what happened to him, I will never feel safe leaving my kids at school. It is probably a fluke thing. I get that, but it is still hard to wrap my brain around it. Please let him be safe somewhere. Please let him be ok. The alternative is too tough for me to think about. Every now and then I think about the kid in VA who was 5 years old I believe and was tied to a tree in his underwear and left for dead by a dispicable gentleman. (This gentleman was prosecuted decades later.) The child died from exposure. I think about that and how scared that child must have been. I want to strangle the gentleman who did it myself and I am not the kid's mom. My own son is 4. I pray that no one ever hurts him. I do not know how I would deal. I pray for Kyron's family and that of Anthony Thomas in DC who is 11 and also went missing this week. I pray that both children come home and are unharmed. I need them to be ok.

No comments: