Monday, June 21, 2010

Watermelon is baseball size now.

It grows more and more each day. I am pretty proud of it. There are a few more fruit growing on it too. I saw an adult vine borer on my acorn squash today. You know what that means. There are eggs and/or larva somewhere. I think my fruit on the regular pumpkin definitely took. The fruit felt firmer, and I think it was bigger. I am worried about my jardale pumpkin. It is nice and large. There is a good size, pretty female flower on it. The worry? That the female flower will bloom first before any male flower does. There are a good number of male flowers on it, but nothing that looks like it is about to bloom. What do I do if the female blooms first? I really want a pretty jardale pumpkin. Just one.
I do not get men. My husband is home all afternoon and does he bother to put the kids' clothes away? Nope. Does he bother to put the new stickers on the car? Nope. I know that sitting around and reading is much more pleasurable. Of course it is, but if I were home for a half day, the clothes would have been put away (by the way I am happy to put them in the laundry room, but he HATES that since he folds the laundry most of the time,) the playroom would have been cleaned and likely the house would have been dusted. Trust me, I would prefer to read, but there are always things that need to be done. I would spend the kids' naps cleaning, but it would wake them up so rather, I nap then with them. Considering that I get up 5am most days so I can keep my body in good shape for my husband and myself, I do not think that is too much of a bad thing. Men just frustrate me.
I have been losing weight still. My strength is back, though, thankfully. I think my problems have been hormonal. I am finally having a normal period. Finally. I did not ovulate last month. Those hormones totally messed me up. Now that I am back on track hormonally, I am losing weight again and feeling better both of which are good things.

No comments: