Friday, June 18, 2010

Garden is kind of going crazy

I think I used a bit too much fertilizer. The plants are going nuts. The regular pumpkin just crossed the loofah (which only seems to send out one shooter.) Then the watermelon is going to start causing some issues there soon. The jardale pumpkin also has a shooter growing out that way too. I have 3 acorn squash fruit growing, a ton of cayenne peppers, about 10 bell peppers, a ton of my daughter's tomatoes, two martian tomatoes, and one adorable watermelon. The watermelon particularly is so cute. You have never seen anything as cute as a baby watermelon. It is adorable. The nice thing about sugar baby watermelons is that they grown quickly. It takes them about 30 days from fertilization. I do not have any pumpkin fruit yet, but each vine has at least one female flower. Tomorrow I plan to get some fertilizer with just phosphorus and potash. I need the plants to really concentrate on fruit. The plants look great. Some plants are already concentrating on the fruit, but it would be nice for the pumpkins to pay a little extra attention to that now too. I think by this time last year, I had a baby pumpkin already. My hubby has been a big help with the pest control which is good since we are doing primarliy organic gardening.
I have lost weight this week despite the shortened workouts. I am a bit fatigued today too which worries me when coupled with the weight loss. I am happy to lose weight, but not if it means that I am sick. My hubby thinks it is hormonal since my period is really weird too. I hope he is right. I just want to feel normal. I am worried about making it through my walk tomorrow in the am. It is Saturday so I always walk a 5k with arm weights at a 4mph pace. I do not want to miss that because it relaxes me. I keep thinking each day that my fate will change and the weight will creep back on. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

No comments: