Monday, June 28, 2010

The rain dance worked.

We finally resorted to a rain dance at work to make it rain. It did work. It finally rained. It looks like we might have round two coming this evening too. We will do it again tomorrow at the same time in hopes of getting the same result.
I am highly disturbed today. I just do not understand people. I read the story today about the gentleman who killed his two year old stepdaughter. He beat the crap out of her. Why? Because she would not stop crying during the Ghana/USA soccer match on Saturday. He later tried to cover up the crime by shoving a nail or bolt down her throat saying she choked on something she put in her mouth. What is wrong with people? I was thinking about this today as I was driving home. Apparently, there were several other children in the home. I then wondered what horrors they had seen or gone through during their lives with this man, and what had their own mother experienced? To me, it just reinforces that God forbid anything happen to my husband, I will not remarry or allow a man around my children. I do not understand how you beat a child or leave a child out in the cold. How do you destroy a child like that? I get that kids are frustrating. My own daughter is two going on 15, but how do you destroy a child like that. It is truly so sad.
The pumpkins are growing well, and I actually think that the loofah may flower soon. I am hopeful anyway. I like the way it grows. There are clusters of flowers with one female and many males. Now that is smart. I am not sure what to do with it once it flowers. Honestly, I am hoping to get one loofah out of it for a co-worker. Next year, I will try for more once I get a feel for how to grow it a little better.

No comments: