Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tiffy gets her groove back...at least for a day.

Where is it along the way where we (speaking of wives and mothers) lose that ability to really have fun and relax and just laugh?  We become so serious. Is it because life takes over and we have so much to do?  How sad is that?  My kids taught me how to love and what it means to really love someone and how to totally get in tough with that feeling, but they also gave me the excuse of "I don't have time for fun or strength for fun," etc, etc. I love my kids and am thankful to have both of them in my life.  They both teach me so much each and every day and they make me want to be a better mom, but when I look at them, I see that I am raising two very serious kids.  Is that because I am so serious?  We  had so much fun this summer.  The fun is gone.  We need to get it back.  The hubby and I need to get it back.  A large part of it is me.  I spend so much time being bitter, and bitterness and fun cannot co-exist. 
Long run today....sort of.  I have to do 8.  I would prefer my longer run, but my BFF was insistent that I cut back today since the half is Saturday.  I will do 8.  Maybe it will be nice to do a shorter run.  I plan to row a little tonight too.  At least it is warmer today than it was on Friday.  Yikes that was a cold run.  There is less pressure with this run.  That is nice at least.  I need to come up with a plan for post half marathon.  I don't know what I plan to do each week for running.  I mean I know that my BFF and I will run on Wed and Fri but what will I do on Sat?  I don't want to lose my long runs, but the winter is closing in.  Can I really handle running when it is freezing outside?  Not sure.  I think I have picked my full marathon for next year.  I think.  I am a bit nervous.  Will I actually commit to it?  I don't know.  I will do my normal race and the Patrick Henry half that I did this year and both local trail race, of course, but the thought of the marathon looms over me.  What to do.  I definitely want to trail run more next year. That is a must!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say that I am amazed by the amount of hours dedicated to football each Sat and Sun and we as a society wonder why it is going down the toilet.  It is clear who we idolize.  So sad. We have bigger problems than we think.  That is apparent and something this election can never fix. 
I always take the kids to vote and then we hit McDonald's for dinner.  It has become a tradition for us.  I want the kids to understand politics and understand the importance of voting.

No comments: