Friday, November 23, 2012

Effortless

I needed this run today.  It was virtually effortless.  Time flew by.  I ran on a treadmill...too cold for me...with my BFF next to me.  We talked the whole time.  A 10k down and it was over before I knew it.  It was the fastest hour of my life.  We went slow so I know it was an easy run, but it felt like nothing.  I needed that.  Every run (even the ones on the treadmill) have felt so tough lately.  I needed a run that felt simply effortless and it did.  I hope that Sunday's run feels the same way!  My mind needed this run.  I am very thankful.
My rice krispy treat turkey looked good.  Last year's looked better, but I think that was because I used twizzlers and those made the difference.  All in all, though, I was pleased.  The hubby's 10k went well yesterday.  He finished in a little over 54 minutes. I was telling my BFF this am that it never ceases to amaze me how many people run 10k's faster than I do and how many of them are pretty out of shape.  Never ceases to amaze me....
I am a bit jealous of his run from yesterday.  Part of it was a trail run and I love trail runs!!!  The hubby said that folks were complaining about it.  They are crazy!!!
No Black Friday shopping for us.  The crowds are too large for me.  We do not really buy a lot anyways.  The mall was packed today, though, from a combination of Black Friday and nice weather.  It was beautiful!  Tomorrow is supposed to be much colder.  Winter is kicking in.  I am not sure how many miles that will lead to me to do on Sunday.  We will see how I feel.  I would like to stick with 10, but maybe that is being too ambitious, but then again...I like to be ambitious.  I am not wild about doing things small. 

No comments: