Sunday, November 25, 2012

Did I really get another chance?

I cannot help but wonder some days if I got another chance at life and love.  My life is totally different than it was before in almost every way.  Yes, of course, there are the obvious ways that affect most people...I have kids and such but I mean more in the sense of who I am and what I want.  I love running and I never wanted to run.  I am completely and utterly in love with my husband and I never loved anyone because it was too hard and made you take too many chances that you could get hurt, but here I am running and loving.  I never saw myself like this.
My drive is back.  I wanted to run for an hour and 40 minutes, and I made it. I made it through some major issues too, but I did it.  I was so tired after which tells me how out of shape I am, but I loved it.  I was worried about an hour and 10 minutes in because it was not fun but the end of the run, I remembered, you go through phases.  The longer you run the more phases you have where you lose the fun, but usually it returns...well, hopefully anyways and it did for me today.  By an hour and 25 minutes, I got my groove back.  I feel like the old me again.  I think Friday's run helped as it felt so effortless.  I love running.  I missed enjoying it.  I have a 15k mid January and a half in June, and I think it is some 49 weeks until the full marathon.  Every now and then, I picture myself finishing the full and how wonderfully amazing that moment will feel.  I thought I would never ever in a million years run a full...even when I signed up for the half.  Never say never. 
I was thinking today as my mind wandered while running that I should do more muscle building exercises for my legs.  Then I started thinking about how that type of stuff is mostly for professional athletes and I am not a professional athlete.  That is where my mind normally goes.  Then I started thinking and questioning...so what. I am not a professional athlete or professional body builder, but does that really matter?  No.  All that matters is what I want to do running and exercise-wise.  Jason, the ultimate PT, can fix the rest for me so why not.  Just do it, right!

No comments: