Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's time to party. It's Thanksgiving....

My son said that a few minutes ago.  I said, "Yeah, get into the holiday spirit."  I love Thanksgiving.  It is the one day of the year that I let it all go.  I drink and I hardly ever just allow myself to drink. I have fun and just let loose.  There is no schedule, no real rules, nothing.  The kids will stay up late and we will have fun.  We have been dancing around watching the parade and I have already hit the bottle of shiraz I bought a week ago.  It is just a day to relax, party, and let go of my grip a bit.  It is tough for me, but we are doing it.  Pretty awesome because I never let go and was not sure that I would be able to do it two years in a row, but so far so good.  My hubby did a 10k turkey trot today which is pretty cool.  I rowed this am and rowed pretty hard.  I plan to make the rice krispy treat turkey soon.  I hope it lives up to last year's turkey.  It was very cool and actually looked like a turkey.  I have the real turkey breast (there are only 4 of us so not much meat is needed) in the crock pot.  I will cook everything else around 4:30p.  All in all, it is a great day. Such a departure from my real life.  It is just about fun.  It is a nice departure.  I thoroughly enjoy it.  No need to be serious.  Lord knows that life is too serious too much and too often....
Time to go back to the party...

No comments: