Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gentlemen, start your engines....

Today is here. It is the day I wait for as Homestead closes each year. Why? Like I said before, NASCAR is the perfect sport for me. It ends mid fall after it starts to get really cold and starts late winter as we see signs of spring. It means that spring is headed our way, and this year spring does really seem to be headed our way. Today will be cold, but tomorrow the 60's return. Daytona is here so spring is headed our way.
And what do I say on race day? Go Kyle Busch.
The sun is rising. That is my favorite time of day. I am a former or recovered late owl. I am pretty sure that I still do not enjoy getting up in the am, but I definitely appreciate being up early. There is a lot in the world to appreciate when you are up early. First thing in the morning when the sun is coming up, there is something untouched about the world that makes it beautiful. It is fresh and ready. My favorite place to see that is by the lake at the front of our neighborhood. As the sun rises, you can see it rising over the trees and on some of the large houses by the lake, you can see the shadow of the trees and the sun shining on it all at the same time. It is exquisite. The lake is always like a reflection pool that time of day, so calm and placid. I want to be there now, today, just running by. It is not quite time yet. 29 degrees this am is what the weather channel says. Not quite my time yet, but the days are close.
I feel tired this week. I have been working my body quite a bit. Today is a day of rest from real exercise that is. I have lost almost 3 pounds in the last week and for someone my size, that is no small feat. I will still do my physical therapy exercises and hip strengthening and such and I might hit the bike, but I will not be running or rowing today. My body needs some rest. I am smart enough to know that. If I can maintain the 134/135 through the drama of the next few weeks, I will be good to go to hit 128-130 by June 1. It still gives me plenty of time. This is the least I have weighed in my adult life and I only weigh 9 pounds more than I did at my lightest as a teenager. I am getting there...
Let's get this party started. Go Kyle Busch! Let's hope it is a good race!

No comments: