Sunday, February 5, 2012

City Living

Is not for me. First let me say, that I grew up in a mid-sized city and it is a city with no suburbs so I know exactly what city living is like. Yes, the restaurants are nice, but let's face it, because they are not chains, they change every couple of years. The menus are small since they try to keep costs down. The food is usually great or awful. Parking is always terrible. Crime is an issue. It just really is not my cup of tea.
I went out to eat last night with friends and woke up parched (the house is super dry) and bloated. I am now wondering about the amount of sodium I took in last night. I am not weighing myself because I know it is not pretty and that is not from the food I ate. I was very careful. I did eat something with cheese, though, and since I rarely eat cheese now, that maybe what is causing the bloat. I have PMS too; I am sure that is not helping. I had a nice time, though, and it was nice to get out with my friends.
I am hoping to go for a run today outside. If I can rehydrate and it hits 40, I want to go for a 3-4 mile run. I think I can do it. I still think about it and find it hard to believe that less than 3 months ago, I was laid out not able to walk or even lie in bed without relentless pain. Am I glad that is over with. That was one of the worst days of my life. I fear that happening again, but I am hoping with the core strength Jason has me doing and the his strengthening and re-alignment of my hips, it will never happen again.
The Super Bowl is tonight. We are going to a neighbor's pre Super Bowl party. A friend of mine told me that I should make it a bit more interesting.... It is quite tempting. You know I tend to shrink away in large social situations. I think it is a combination of I do not want to mess with it and I am afraid of being judged. This is a situation where I am pretty sure I am already judged by these people so I kind of feel like with that being said, why does it matter any more. and the answer is that it does not.
Let me tell you about my son. He is the sweetest child there is. He is so sweet and thoughtful and just a kind soul. He is also anxious and worries a lot. He definitely takes after me. At his young age, he already expresses sympathy for people. I think that is an amazing trait at his young age. He is wise beyond his years already.
I kind of know what I want for the living room now. I want something that illustrates the seasons. If it is too expensive to get art reflective of the seasons, I will take just spring, but I want something elegant and Victorian like. The seasons reflect the core of who I am. I know that it sounds silly since I hate the fall and winter, but the season are important to me and are in constant focus in my daily life. That might be why I am drawn to the "Boreas" canvas print. It reminds me of late fall, early winter. "Does He Love Me" reminds me of summer and the picture with the chick entering the rose garden reminds me of spring. I guess I am already partway there with my Victoria prints.
Got to start the day....

No comments: