Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Therapy

Well, my new therapist was a total bust. She is about my mother's age which is not a good thing and made a remark about a very hot societal topic without knowing my full story. It was not good. I need someone I can talk to about intimate things and she will never be that person. Oh well, have to find someone else...
So I ate like crap Saturday and Sunday and felt the pain of it on Monday. Not only was I hugely hormonal, but I felt terrible. It was not a good start to the week. Mercifully I feel a lot better now physically and emotionally and am back down to 137. I will hit 135 by my birthday. I will, I will, I will. I am ready to run 5 miles I think. The most I have done post slipped disk is 4. I am doing 3 fairly regularly, and I am having little issues with the calf now. I just feel like it is time. Once I am doing 4 regularly on Wed and Thurs, I would like to squeeze in a 5-6 mile run on Sundays. I think that I have a really good plan for the spring and summer.
I keep daydreaming back to running outside in the summer. Oh, it is such a great feeling to imagine myself there and feel the sun pouring down on me as I run and just imagine enjoying the quiet of the day. I so want to be there.
I think the hubby and I are ready for a break from the kids for a few days. We need some time to reconnect. I think both of us would say that we feel less connected over the last few weeks. The kids have been really good but we need some time. A wild weekend with the hubby is just what I need. It would be better if it were beach weather, but I will take what I can get.

No comments: