Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ready for 10

This week is 10 miles.  I feel like I can do it no problem.  Normally it would sound a little intimidating but knowing I did around 9.3 last weekend helps.  I feel stronger than ever.  That helps too.  So I decided yesterday that since I was ready to tackle a half marathon that I was going to learn how to do a back bend again.  In high school, I could do a full back walkover.  So I practiced and got the back bend pretty quick.  Now I am going to get the back walkover back.  I need to work on my back flexibility.  That has plagued me for the last year and especially post slipped disk, but with the stronger core now, I feel like it is something I can handle.  I want to get my flexibility back and be able to do the things I used to be able to do.  I get that I am twice the age I was the last time I did some of these things, but there is no reason why I cannot work to do these things again.  God, twice my age.  That just sounds so depressing. 

No comments: