Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pretty proud of myself...

I went out at 6a today and it is gross.  It is in the low 60's, but it was misting.  Not to mention the fact that I wanted to curl up with my husband this am rather than get out of bed.  Those two things were working against me.  Then my sensor for my Ipod stopped working.  I have had it for 3 years so I knew I was on borrowed time.  So I did not want to get up, the sun is not shining, it is misting and I cannot keep track of my mileage nor will I have it in my ear constantly telling me how much more time I have to go.  You know what I did.  I ran anyways.  For 1 hour and 35 minutes.  It has to be close to 9 miles.  My hip starting hurting in the last 20 minutes, but I really think that is because it is time for new shoes.  I am so proud of myself.  Running is such a mental thing for me--it is for everyone but even  more so for me.  I still went.  I did have one small motivation.  I will not say what it is because my hubby will read this, and he would not be happy.  Either way, it got me out there running, and I am happy that I did.  I will measure the mileage as best as I can later.  I need to figure out the sensor thing before next weekend when I have 10 miles.  I want to see that 10 since it will be the farthest I have ever run.  Hopefully next weekend the sun will be shining instead of this constant mist that I dealt with.  It was just gross.

No comments: