Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Some people celebrate by getting breakfast in bed.  Some people celebrate by going to the spa.  I celebrate by going on a 10 mile run.  10.32 miles to be exact.  I am so happy.  I finally hit 10 miles and it actually felt pretty good too.  Nothing hurts right now except my stomach.  I totally pigged out after, but all in all, I feel really good.  When I talked about hitting 10 miles back in January at physical therapy one day with one of the techs, it seemed so far away.  I remember thinking that I would never likely hit is this year, but I did.  1 hour and 45 minutes.  Next week is a 2 hour run.  I can do it.  I just wish when you did a timed run that the Nike Plus gave more feedback along the way.  It only tells you when you are halfway done and in your last 5 minutes.  Knowing I have a half hour left or even 20 minutes left would be helpful.
My BFF told me that when she ran a marathon about mile 16, she just let out a string of curse words because she was dead tired and realized she had 10 miles to go.  I did that about mile 7 today.  I got a good chuckle out of it.
So there is a line in a song that I had on my Ipod that says, "How about me enjoying a moment for once."  That is so me.  As mentioned before in previous posts, I hardly ever enjoy moments because I am always waiting for the next thing.  I find these days that I am enjoying moments more and more regularly.  I went to lunch Friday with my BFF, something I have never done before.  First, you have to have a BFF which I did not have until about a year ago and second, I never go to lunch with anyone.  God, it was so great.  I mean wonderful.  I did not want to go back to work.  We ate and then sat and chatted for a while.  I felt so grateful in that time and as I left.  I have a real friend.  Not a friend from work or a neighbor, but a real friend.  We can talk about anything and everything.  It is just easy.  She is the first person after my hubby that I wanted to tell that I ran 10 miles.  I am just comfortable with her.  We need more lunches that is all that I know.  There was no work conversation about drama at work.  There was no emotional complication like with the hubby.  It was just one friend talking to another.  I actually relaxed for a while.  I now crave that.  Yesterday I had another moment.  We were at a wedding.  The kids were playing and dancing.  It was so enjoyable to watch my daughter leading my son like they were formal dancing.  I enjoyed that moment.  It was not as relaxing as my lunch with my BFF, but I was not waiting for something else to happen or for the next step.  It is a good feeling!

No comments: