Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hamloaf?

Have you ever even heard of a hamloaf? It is a meatloaf with ground ham and crap mixed in. Who makes that?  We went to my hubby's family gathering yesterday and for some reason that was the main course.  It was mushy and pink and looked like dog or cat food. I am still just trying to figure out who thinks it is a good idea to serve such a thing because let me tell you, it is not a good idea.  I am still traumatized. 
The event itself was uneventful.  Mercifully.  I think the 4 of us are exhausted today.  I had to get up and run either today or tomorrow.  I choose tomorrow since I am really tired today.  The other thing is could it have killed them to put out a vegetable?  They did put out some melon, thank goodness.  I munched on a lot of that.  The kids and I might go get some more fruit today.  I keep forgetting that we are starting to get into prime fruit season.  I got some strawberries yesterday at the store.  That was about it.  Well, the hubby got blueberries but they are too sweet for me this time of year.  I prefer super tart. 
Tomorrow's run is 2 hours which should be 11 or 12 miles.  I am pretty jazzed.  The 11 is not too impressive to me but once I hit the 12, well, I will be pretty happy.  That should be either this weekend or next weekend.  I do not know.  I might wait until the weekend we go to the beach to do it.  Although, that would be a lot of back and forth on the boardwalk, but then again, I love running at the beach. 
I have gained 2 pounds.  I feel like I look thinner so I am not sure about the weight gain.  That type of thing always makes me nervous after the whole high estrogen thing.  My period was different than it normally is.  No flooding this time.  It was fairly light.  I had one day of normal bleeding.  That was really it.  I am hoping the these longer runs will continue to work. My legs are more toned.  See now I wish I had gotten up to run this am.  Tomorrow.  I will be in more the mindset for it.

No comments: