Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weird episode last night and 18 miles.

I did it.  I felt really good going into it.  Technically, I was only slotted for 17 today, but I really wanted to hit the 18, and I knew that going into it.  Yesterday I felt ready to do the full boat and then at 1a, my son comes into the room saying his stomach hurts.  Not unusual.  He does that when he wants to sleep in our room.  I tell him to go get his blankets.  What does he do?  Goes into the bathroom and throws up all over the toilet seat, plunger, and walls.  I got to spend the next 15 minutes cleaning it up.  That was joyful.  Then my daughter came in about 20 minutes later and said her tummy hurt.  I think I was up until 2a.  I did not want to run this am, but I did.  As I was out, it was painful not physically, but emotionally.  The whole time I wondered how my kids were so I came home and found that both made a miraculous recovery.  I finished my last 9 on the treadmill.  I got all 18 and then some in so I was happy.  Tired but happy.  Running 18 miles takes a toll on you.  I finally laid down after walking around a botanical gardens for an hour and felt better then.  I rode my bike a little tonight to work out some of the soreness.  I am going to be sore tomorrow, but I am ready.  I am a bit disappointed that I did not get all 18 outside, but as soon as I got home today, it was going to rain so I figured it was best to stay in.  Next weekend....19.  All I have to say is yikes!  Ok, make that 19 yikes!!! 
I was 135.8 yesterday and 133.8 today.  I know that the 2 pound loss is water weight so the interesting part will be to see what I weigh tomorrow.  If it is 136 or below, I am happy.  I want to get down to 130 by the end of July.  I am hoping it is doable.  I am working really hard.  Despite the huge calorie output today, I ate my normal calorie count.  It was not that hard.  No one wants to eat after running that far anyways!  Although. fat looks really good to me right now.  I am craving super fatty food.  Tomorrow's peanut butter breakfast should be good.  Lots of fat!
Just saw a beautiful lightning bug.  It is definitely summer!

No comments: