Sunday, June 2, 2013

The start

Today's weight is 138.2.  I love the summer.  I crave it.  We have it this weekend even though it is still early June so I went out and walked.  Some running folks may believe I was better off resting, but I could not resist the lure of the sun coming up at 5a, the warm breeze, and the humidity.  I love it.  Anyone who has been to the beach with me would agree that at heart, I am a beach girl, after all.  I just wanted to work out the kinks from the half yesterday and enjoy these short lived am's that we get so early this time of year.  I am so glad that I did.  My neighbor was getting ready to go for a ride on his bike. We chatted for a sec and then he said, "Have a good run" before he rode off.  Those words actually inspired me to run a little.  Not much.  I walked a mile, ran a mile and walked a mile.  I did not do anything too taxing, but I am glad that I ran a bit.  It felt good and despite the fact that I ran 13 miles yesterday uphill most of the way, I do not feel sore.  The only thing that really hurts are the side of left foot and a toe that will soon turn black.  (Runners know the deal that baby.)  I am making a nice breakfast of "healthy" pancakes.  I have to find some other snack than these Clif bars.  They are really good, but the soy in them will kill me hormonally speaking so I need to look for other alternatives that have low sugar, high fiber and protein. 
I realized last night that the things that my hubby and I need to do to meet in the middle are the things that are the hardest for us due to the exact issues that are the reason why we don't already meet in the middle.  I think we both take significance and find hope that we send out jabs of what the other person needs.  It is progress.  I tend to discount things that are not major changes, but I am learning to appreciate these subtleties. 
Tomorrow's workout...maybe speed run or maybe just a short few miles.  I usually do the speed runs on Tues, but this week I am kind of messed up since I did my long run yesterday.  Honestly, it was nice to have no pressure of a long run today.  It is nice once in a while.  Next weekend is another 16 miles.  I get pretty jazzed about the upper teens.  Just makes me feel strong. 
I want to thank my BFF.  This weekend was significant for me.  I have never done the girls night away or even the girls evening away.  It was nice and it was so nice to just be a friend and not a wife or mother for a bit.  I learned a lot about her and I think she learned a lot more about so thank you, BFF, for everything.  You have enriched my life in ways that I can never really explain.  I admire you so much and enjoy our friendship.  It is a lovely thing to have! 
Off to make "healthy" pancakes.

No comments: