Saturday, June 1, 2013

One half marathon down and maybe another to go...

Not a stellar time today, but it is done.  It was meant to be more fun than anything else anyways.  Happy belated Birthday to my BFF.  This was her birthday trip so we wanted to enjoy it.  Hubby did ok with the kids.  I am actually kind of impressed, but that is another story.  So I lived it up today and had two slices of pizza, onion rings and a beer and half.  Talk about living it up...I never drink. 
Starting tomorrow, I am going on a health run and counting every single freaking calorie and workout.  I warned the hubby.  It may not be too fun for him, but I think he will get used to it.  I cook so I am not sure that he has a choice anyways.  (Love you, Babe.)  I want us to be our best and I think we can accomplish that with some small tweaks in our diet.  It is no secret that I am not very happy with myself, and only I can fix that, right.  Here is what I promise.  Tomorrow am, I weigh myself and post it and keep track at least once per week along with logging my workouts here.  Think it will keep me honest and on track?  We will see.  I do make one more pledge to myself.  The sugar and the candy.  Gone.  I will refrain from the candy.  It is just added sugar and I consume too much sugar as it is so no more candy.  I will do the performance gummies or beans for running the long runs to which I am back next week, but other than that, I am off of it.  No more alcohol either, but I do not really drink anyways. 
In the meantime, my beer was awesome, the pizza tasted so good, and the onion rings were nice and greasy, just the way that they should be and I feel no guilt about any of it...for once.  Tomorrow may bring the guilt, but I am hoping to focus on what I can do going forward instead.

No comments: