Saturday, June 29, 2013

And the trend continues

So is it the result of summer being here or just taking more control of my life and making better choices.  Good Lord, I hope it is the latter or fall is going to be ROUGH!  This am's breakfast is a nice egg, spinach and onion sandwich.  I desperately need iron so we are eating eggs these days.  I am not getting half of the iron I need each day and now that I have hit 35 miles a week running, I probably need more iron.  So the hubby and I are finally getting our groove back, I think.  He will know what that means.  As I was walking today, I could not help but be a bit bitter that this time last week, I was waking up at the beach.  Granted we were hours away from getting locked out of our room and the hotel folks could not get in either, but that is another story and it did not mar out time there.  Man, I love red onions just a little sauteed.
I get my first bikini wax next week.  That is going to be an interesting experience for sure.  Got the new bikinis too.  I love them! So I made the switch to Larabars.  I eat a nutrition bar once a day.  Most of them have soy as a base and since my hormones seem to have extreme reactions so soy, I usually try to avoid it as much as I can.  It is so much food, though.  I was eating these bars where it was the main ingredient.  Not good.  I started noticing that I was having trouble sleeping at night again.  (Well...as much as I sleep.  As it is post kid, I wake up at least once a night.)  I was up every 2 hours which is a sign that my progesterone is low which means that my estrogen is likely high again so I had to back off the soy products.  The Larabars are good because they are free of soy, but high in protein and have fiber in them.  They are just what I needed.  Thank you, Larabar makers! 
I am way behind on my Runner's World readings so I am still on the April issue.  It has an article about Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan.  It talks about how even though they are competitors, they are very good friends and how they train together and spend hours talking while running.  It reminded me of my BFF and I.  First, I get that my BFF and I are no where in the league of these two amazing women.  Second, my BFF and I are not competitive with each other.  We don't care.  It is not about that for us nor should it be.  What spoke to me was the fact that they run and talk.  My BFF and I can do that for hours.  We have done that for hours.  It is just such a nice way to spend a few hours run. 
This week I have 17.  That will translate into about 3 hours of running.  I feel as ready as I think I can.  The bathroom thing worries me, but I can always run home.  Tomorrow is going to be warm so lots of water will be necessary. 
No pool this weekend.  Got to let the hair grow out!

No comments: