Sunday, March 31, 2013

Already eaten too much crap

First Happy Easter.  I know it is a religious holiday for some and a Christmas like holiday for others.  For me, it is both.  I do not go to church, but I say a different type of prayer on Easter and feel more connected to the earth and life.  Maybe that is more of a naturalistic/universe type thing, but in my mind, we have the world we have because of God.  Easter always brings hope to me, hope after a long hard winter, and this winter was especially hard weather-wise.  I do feel like spring is on its way.  I look forward to the day in the next few weeks when I sit in the backyard and watch the pollen blow between the trees. 
I feel ill.  Crappy, sugary food no longer agrees with me.  I was so ready for it today and wanted it so badly, but now that I have had it, it does not taste like I remember and frankly, I do not want to feel like this any more ever again.  The candy will go and what sits here, I will not touch.  It just not enjoyable any more.  What I find enjoyable is seeing 132 on the scale and running a 26:44 5k which I did yesterday.  I am really proud of that.  I know it is not super fast or anything, but for me, it is an accomplishment.  I never thought I would get a 5k in under 27 minutes.  I did it.  I finally did it.  Next year under 26....maybe.  I am in the best shape of my life and want to get better. 
Life has taken a more interesting turn over the last few days.  I don't know.  It has been weird.  I love my husband and honestly for now, that is all that matters to me.  Sure I want him to adore me and tell me how much he wants me and feel that he finds me attractive and sexy.  What woman does not, but I am trying (and succeeding for the moment) to just make his love enough because I really do believe that he loves me.  I really do.
Spring is kind of the New Year for me.  It is always my re-birth, I feel.  (And I am trying to ignore the upper 50 degree days later this week....)  60 days from tomorrow I have a half marathon.  This summer I have another half and I want to go under 2 hours for it, and this fall I have a full marathon.  There are things I want to do this summer.  Goals that I want to hit and in order to do that, I have to eat right and take care of my body and lose these last 7 pounds and sleep and not stress and just love my family and friends.  I feel ready for those challenges more now than ever.  I love being 37.  Wow, ok, I hate the age and I hate the wrinkles (although my face is getting lasered Mon) but I love the freedom that comes with being 30 something.  I am finally after years and years of feeling terrible and not feeling good and hating myself and doubting everything that I know to be true, I feel like I am finding who I am and being the person I want to be.  She used to be so far away, but now I can see her in the distance.  She is still a ways away, but she is no longer so far away that I cannot hope to catch up.  I keep getting faster and that helps....

No comments: