Monday, March 18, 2013

Times like these I feel tested

I am not the best mom in the world, but I am not the worst either.  My wonderful son just gave me a heart attack.  Nothing like taking his temperature when he is sick and just getting a "hi" reading on the thermometer.  When I finally got a reading, I got 106.  I know it is just his body's reaction to fight whatever is invading his little body and all, but it really freaked me out.  I love him.  I don't want anything to happen to him.  I just want to make him better now!  It is not about work or staying home with him.  I just want him better.
The last few weeks have been very trying.  I felt like I was on the verge of a nervous break down on Friday.  The day picked up quite a bit when I got home, though.  I actually believe that things will be ok this time.  I really do.  I feel better and more fit now than ever.  I hit 132 last week so that is a move in the right direction.  I need to get my eating under control today, but I am around food more today than normal and seriously stressed. 
I talked with my mom over the weekend.  HUGE mistake.  The more I let go of my bitterness that I carried in the same manner she did, the more I want to scream at her over her bitterness.  If there is one thing I have learned over the last year, holding onto bitterness is not a way to live because it is not living.  Keeping score is not a way to live.  All that doing that does for you, is hold you back from life.  Who wants to live like that.  I want to immerse myself in life and breathe it in and enjoy it and live it.  Life is too short for sure!

No comments: