Friday, April 5, 2013

A note to my boss

You will never know about the gift that you gave me.  I am lucky.  I have several people in my life who literally saved me.  Each person gave me a special piece of the ability to be the person I always wanted to be and continue to help me along that path even now.  You are always so bashful and humble so I would never be able to tell these things face to face but this has been on my mind lately so I wanted to write it out.  The gift you gave me...pretty amazing.  The gift was not the job you offered to me over 13 years ago nor is it the career advancement you have provided throughout those 13 years.  You gave me a job and then gave me the confidence to try to live up to my potential or the potential you saw in me.  Maybe that was the gift that you gave me.  You put a mirror in front of me every day and constantly showed me that I could do whatever you asked or needed.  You showed me that those abilities were there along with the confidence to know that I could handle stress and the daily challenges of helping to run a television station and a business.  You gave me the confidence to know that I could grow as a person and become anything that I wanted to be.  Talk about a gift.  Without it, I am not sure that I would have made it through this life so in reality, you also given me a sense of purpose or at the very least, a future.  You have said before that people do not understand our relationship because it looks weird to outsiders.  I agree.  I am fiercely loyal because you gave me the gift of confidence in my abilities and my ability to grow as a person.  I will always be forever grateful...more than I can ever say. 
I am who I am thanks to a handful of very wonderful and special people.  You are one of them.  Thank you.

No comments: