Saturday, February 9, 2013

Think we all know change is hard

Which is why we all struggle with it. It is so hard to change patterns and natural inclinations. In the last few days I have had to really think about why I am so critical of my hubby.  I am so critical.  How many times will the words "always" or "never" come out of my mouth in regard to something negative with him. It comes out a lot.  We have had a lot of problems over the last 18-20 months and I have to accept a certain amount of responsibility for that.  I feel so bad. I want to be greatest cheerleader, not his biggest critic. How do we fall into those patterns as spouses?  Do we head there or does it just happen?  Am I naturally inclined for that?  I love him more than anyone so why am I so critical.  I grew up under the pressure of perfection so I know what a myth that is. Do I just feel that pressure still so I have to project it on someone else?  How awful that must have been for him.  It disturbs me.  At this point, I think we both just want peace.

No comments: