Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daytona

Race day is here.  I get very excited for Daytona.  I like racing and it means that spring is on its way.  My daughter bought gel clings that read "Spring is here!"  Hopefully that is true.  I need the spring.  I need it here now.  As it gets further into winter, I have gotten more and more depressed.  I need the sun and warmth now.
I feel like I am moving into a new period now.  I have done really well with my nutrition this week.  It has totally paid off too.  Hopefully, I can carry it through today and the next few days.  The weekends are tough, but I have been ok.  I ran my 10 today.  Then I walked another mile.  I would like to walk another 4 or 5 at some point today.  I honestly believe now that I can get down below 130.  I just feel like I am on my way.  The mantra I found works.  Who would think....
This marathon is looming in my mind.  I am wondering from time to time how I got myself into it.  I am excited in so many ways, but so scared at the same time.  I need to get a plan together so I feel a bit better and ready.  Readiness is the most important thing.  Well, that and working with my therapist on my race day fears that inevitably take over when I run races.  I can run and run all weekend long but the minute I get into a race situation, I freak out.  Something has to be done about that.
Go KB!!!

No comments: