Saturday, January 12, 2013

Long days and even longer nights

I had a reminder as to what it is like to have a newborn baby again.  All that I have to say is yikes!  Talk about tired.  I am still recovering.  It was difficult to wake up this am and get moving, but get moving, I must if I plan to lose some weight.  I am headed out for a walk shortly.  I think that is about the most my body can handle this am.  At least it is supposed to be a gorgeous day today.  That will help.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even prettier.  The other night I was watching NASCAR testing.  It just made me happy to see it on TV.  I missed racing.  I love a sport that ends in November and starts up again late Feb.  It is my kind of sport.  It skips my least favorite months.  Although, this weekend's weather is truly a gift, a gift for which I am thankful.  I plan to take full advantage.
138 pounds.  I seem to be very stuck there.  I remember that from before that 137/138 was a sticky place.  The 7's and 8's always have been for me.  Same thing will happen when I hit 132 and 133.  I have to keep plugging on.  I am determined to get down to 120-125.  I have a long way to go at my weight, but all I have is time anyways. 
I completely underestimated my boss and I feel kind of bad about it.  He offered to do something so kind for me.  It showed that he knows what I am dealing with and how wrong I was when I thought he did not understand. He is truly amazing.  I am relieved and very thankful.
This time of year, I really start to dream about the spring and summer and the warmth it brings.  Those dreams will get more frequent as we get into February.  I refuse to celebrate my birthday this year. Something about 37 sounds so old.  I hate it.  Where did my low 30's go?  I was so busy birthing kids and dealing with newborns that I missed out enjoying it.  I sometimes wonder if it is too late to really enjoy my youth.  Has it passed me by already?  My legs get cramped easily.  In some ways, my body is so old.  I want it to be and feel young again.  So much I missed out on.  I try not to focus on that, but sometimes in the dead of winter, it is tough. 
Alice in Wonderland is on TV.  I love that movie.  It is total insanity, but I love it.  Sometimes, I think it takes a crazy person to really understand it.  It just amuses me.  This movie is over a half a century old and it is still wonderful. 
So I am never sure how fast my short runs are because I never do short runs on anything other than the treadmill.  I do wonder.  Once it gets lighter in the am, I may have to do a short run one am and see how fast I can push myself with.  I'd like to get my 5k time to under 27 minutes.  I have done it on the treadmill more than a few times, but running outside is a horse of a different color, of course.  My 11 mile time last Sun was not good.  1 hour and 50 minutes.  Granted, I stopped for 2 minutes of that to remove my long sleeves, but still.  I was down to around a 9:30/min mile on the long runs.  I would like to stay there or below it.  Maybe once it warms up. 

No comments: