Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new year

How many New Year's resolutions are made on Jan 1 every year?  How many are broken on January 2.  The hubby and I went to the gym this am. It was packed, of course.  Every year the same cycle happens. Gym is packed as the new year starts and within the first two weeks, the crowd starts to dwindle.  It affects the am more quickly, of course.  Most people do not have the ability to consistently get up at 5a to workout each day.  It is tough.  I would know.  I feel a bit silly since I am totally buying into the whole weight loss New Year's resolution list, but I really do want this to be the year that I get my weight right where I want it.  I recognize that I do not need to lose weight.  I know that and I am not becoming a freaky anorexic chick.  I am and will always remain a recovering bulimic.  Bulimics have a very hard time making the transition to anorexia.  We like food too much and feel we have better ways to maintain our weight loss.  I want to look better and simply get rid of some of the fat around my middle that I got as I have aged and gave birth to two children.  Also, it is a fact.  If I am lighter, I will run faster.  I want to run faster.  I need to run faster.  This is the year to make that transition, I feel.  I have to get the food addiction back under control, though.  That is going to be work.  Today I was 140.2.  I am hoping to be down to under 135 by the end of the month.  A pound a week is doable, I feel.  It just means that I have to workout in some form each day.  Rest days will be walking days now which is fine.  I can handle that, and Runner's World says that walking after long runs is good so I feel safe in doing that.  I think the hubby and family and I are going into the best year yet. I hope, at least.  I feel good about it. 

No comments: