Sunday, January 6, 2013

Guessing that churches do well at the start of the year

I am betting that most churches see a boom in attendance and donations right after the new year and folks turn to religion to change their lives.  Like the whole exercise thing, I wonder how many stick with it.  Is the percentage higher than the New Year's exercise percentage? 
I have a long run today that is not starting out too well.  I feel nauseous.  I have felt that way all am since I woke up at 5am.  I am just hoping to get through 10 miles at this point.  I have not done an outside run since 12/24 so it has been a while.  I am guaranteed to be sore tomorrow, but I am hoping to hit the treadmill for a few to work that soreness out. 
I weighed the same this am that I did on Friday so if I can just weigh the same tomorrow that I did today, I will be on the right path next week for some weight loss.  I had pancakes for breakfast and feel so ill and bloated now.  I clearly eat too many when I hit the pancakes so I need to cut back next time I make them or not eat them at all when I make them again.  I made them yesterday and did not eat one.  I think that was a good decision.  I am pretty much just trying to eat as close to how I do during the week.  That seems to be key. 
I will use my garmin for the first time today.  We will see how I like it.  I like the Nike + because it keeps track to something I can listen to while I am running.  Plus, I am already loading up my workouts to their site.  We will see if I end up abandoning the Nike + altogether or use both.  I am excited about running outside again since it has been a few weeks.  I love nothing more than running in the sun.  Right now I long for those sunny, humid am's running with my BFF.  I am still hoping I can talk her into some trail runs in the next few months. 

No comments: