Saturday, August 25, 2012

Leaned a lesson today

The rain hit this am.  As I mentioned yesterday, cosmically speaking, something did not want me to run.  I did anyways.  I did not hit my 2 hours, but I am happy because I did not walk at all and I kept under a 10 minute mile pace.  I think I was somewhere around 2:07:00.  We will see later when they post times.  I am happy and proud.  I learned a good deal on my run today.  It is almost life changing.  This am I had two women, two wonderful, beautiful women, fussing over me and stressed still that I was in the bathroom line when the race started.  Two women who got up at 5a to meet me at my house so we could go run.  That is true love and friendship.  I have that.  I have that.  I had 6 amazing individuals waiting for me at the finish line.  I had those two amazing women.  I had my hubby who loves me unconditionally and I adore.  I have two beautiful kids who looked so proud when I finished.  I have an amazing friend in our NSM who rode all the way in the rain on his bike to see me and then had to ride home in the pouring rain.  I am a lucky woman.  Today's lesson was that I have been searching for years for love and acceptance.  It was waiting for me as I finished running 13.1 miles.  It was there.  Just waiting for me.  To my wonderful friends and family there, I can never begin to thank you enough.  You are an amazing and spectacular group of individuals.  You made me feel like I won that race today.  Or maybe that even bigger race that I have been running for the last 20 years of my life.  I love you.  Thank you. 

No comments: