Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cannot stop eating

I cannot stop eating and it is not the half training.  It is PMS, but it is not too big of a surprise considering how few periods I have had this summer.  Hopefully once I am through this PMS, I can manage to control myself.  The good news is that I think my period will hit tomorrow so the flooding will not be going on during the half.  At least I hope...
I have a lot of nervous energy over this half.  The stress over "will I finish in under 2 hours" is almost unbearable.  I just want it so bad.  I have worked so hard.  Everyone keeps saying that finishing a half marathon is impressive enough.  Not for me.  Not this time.  I know I will finish, but will I finish in under 2 hours?  That question will be answered in 2 days.  Fortunately work is taking on a lot of my nervous energy.  I am having trouble falling asleep which is not like me at all. 
I am already thinking about the next challenge.  I want to do a 10k in October.  I want to do that in under 55 minutes.  I know I can do that.  Then I am thinking maybe a full marathon?  Am I insane?  Maybe next fall?  I feel ready for that kind of challenge.  Crazy as it sounds.  The issue for me is time.  Do I have it to spare?

No comments: