Friday, August 17, 2012

It is magic!


The beach is magic.  It is.  I would rather be there than any other place in the world.  The smells are wonderful, the sounds are wonderful and the scenery is wonderful.  The vacation that the kids and the hubby and I had there this year was magic.  It was perfect.  Obviously, it was not completely perfect.  It rained our last night there when we wanted to get bikes and ride during sunset, but it was almost perfect.  I love being there.  I grew up there, but I never had an appreciation for the gift of living there.  I love running there.  It does not feel great with the hot sun beating down on you as you run with no shade to hide, but in some ways, it is the best thing in the world.  I miss it.  It has been less than a week and I miss it horribly, almost painfully.  I want to go back and do it all over again.  It was amazing.  All of it.  It calls to me in so many ways.  When I fantasize, I imagine the sun beating down on me and the sweat rolling down my back.  I imagine the water close by and the smell of ocean.  I want to be there again.  Now.
I ran 4 miles today and for the first time ever I think, it felt like nothing.  I know that is the benefit of running further distances and all, but I just never thought it would happen to me.  It felt great.  I am getting nervous about the half.  It is next weekend and I worry that maybe I have not trained enough or maybe it will be super hot that am and I will feel bad while running and totally just lose all energy as I am running.  I worry that I will not eat the right food before the race.  Most of all...I worry that I will not hit my 2 hour time limit.  I want to hit that more than anything.  I missed my 1 hour cut off when I did the 10k in April.  I missed it by seconds.  It is so important to me that I hit under 2 hours.  What if I do not?  What then?  How will I feel?  I will be so disappointed.  I guess these days I am not so afraid that I cannot run it, but I am afraid that I will miss my time and let myself down.  I have worked so hard, but is it hard enough?  8 days until I know for sure.  Nervous. 

No comments: