Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Amazed by what my body can do now #2

So I ran my half marathon on Sunday.  It was awful as mentioned in my previous post.  I now know why.  I was sick.  I had some kind of cold or virus.  It is now gone, thankfully, but my chest really hurt Monday and I felt tired and worn out.  I am now amazed that I was able to run a half marathon through an illness.  Just amazed.  I am stronger than I ever thought I would be.  I never thought I could run over 10 miles let alone 13.1 and I never thought I would be able to run through an illness like that.  My time was not half bad either for a non-competitive runner.  I am ready for this race and I still have many many more weeks to go.
Happy Summer Solstice to all.  It is my favorite day of the year and my least favorite day all rolled into one!
Enjoy the sun! I plan to!

No comments: