Thursday, March 22, 2012

And the hubby says that there is nothing wrong with a hobby...

I think that I would agree, but my hobby becomes more of an obsession. Ok, I love growing pumpkins. There is nothing else like it in the world in my opinion. I have even seriously thought about making giant row covers so I can help the vines out more. A large part of my obsession is that I love spring and summer. There is nothing like the warm sunshine beating down on your body and face. I love this time of year. I am in my element. I am happy and alive and ready to do anything I want to do. I even pushed myself at the gym this am. I think that has to do with the weather. I really do. I am holding steady at 134/135. I have decided that I am going for it. 125 is my goal. Then I will stop. I want to hit 125 by the end of the year. That gives me plenty of time. I was down to 133 when the hubby was out of town, but that was in part due to stress. Let's not go there.
I feel alive and well and happy. I was walking today and got to thinking about last year when the hubby wanted to move to Boston. I remember thinking why would you want to take me away from the best life I have ever known. I can walk around our beautiful neighborhood and am safe and it is pretty and I am happy. I felt that way today. It was so nice to be out enjoying the world. Just puts me in a better mood and more ready to face challenges. I definitely feel ready to face more challenges. So on to 125 and on to rowing 10,000 in under 40 minutes and running a 5k in 28 minutes and running a 10k in under an hour and maybe just maybe running 1 mile at an 8 minute pace.

No comments: