Friday, July 16, 2010

Still trying to get back into a routine

I am still trying to find my routine and life after last week's events. I took today off and really needed it. I am glad that I decided to do it. It was good to get outside and walk this am rather than going to the gym. I needed that. I found out this week that I am estrogen dominant. That is the reason why I am having trouble losing weight despite the work outs and the way I eat. It is the reason why I sweat all night long and the reason why I am having cycle issues and not ovulating. My doc recommended some progesterone treatment. That will hopefully help. I am trying to go natural with the treatments. Hopefully I can get back to my old self. I want to feel better.
I am a little disappointed because the jardale pumpkin has only produced two pumpkins to date. All of my other female flowers either died after blooming or are now dying from blight. I trimmed the jardale today and have been watering less frequently but more intensely when I do water and I actually have two healthy female flowers flowering. I hope they get fertilized. I really like the way the pumpkins look and would love to have a whole bunch of them. I have two pumpkins on my regular pumpkin vine. Once both are fully orange (both are in various stages of changing) I plan to pull the vine out altogether. It is not doing well, and it has blight too so it has few female flowers that make it. It did not grow in the right direction so it did not grow properly. I am just ready to be done with it. The big moon pumpkin is growing well. Now that we figured out the problem in that part of the bed (had a tree die and found out we drown it from a hole in the irrigation pipes there) that pumpkin and pumpkin vine are growing very, very well. I am very proud of it. Still hoping for a good 40-50 pounder there. It is basketball size now so I suspect we are a fifth of the way there! I have lots of tomatoes and peppers. I feel very fruitful in that category. I just need more jardales to feel better about my pumpkins this year. Then I just need to get normal female cycles back to feel normal and good period! Keeping my fingers crossed. I start treatment in 16 days!

No comments: