Friday, July 30, 2010

Not sure what to do or how I feel

I am going through a very tired phase again. I am getting no less sleep than usual. Not sure why I feel this way. Part of me is hopeful that I ovulated and am just reacting to progesterone for the first time in a long time. I have decided not to use the cream this time since I have been temping and it appears that my temp is up and it is the progesterone that raises your temp and keeps it there after ovulation.
The other jardale pumpkin that I cut is rotting. I am so disappointed. I do not know what I did wrong or how I could fix it. I am really starting to wonder about how successful home growing pumpkins is. My vines keep getting mosaic virus from the squash bugs and cucumber beetles and squash beetles. It is pretty depressing. I worked so hard to grow the vines and water them and just take good care of them and then this happens. It makes me crazy. I removed my regular pumpkin. It got 3 pumpkins off of it. One was of normal size. The other two were small. It was no longer producing female flowers due to the mosaic virus. The jardale is the only vine producing female flowers and I watch that one pretty carefully and remove what pests I can. On a good note, the loofah is growing well. I have one full loofah fruit. I am pretty excited about it.

No comments: