Sunday, April 7, 2013

What a day

Yesterday was brutal.  I mean brutal.  I love my mother-in-law and father-in-law, but the whole day was brutal.  My brother-in-law is depressed and that was apparent.  It is tough to be around most of the day too.  I want so badly for him to get some help and start making different choices.  My hubby has lost a father and now his brother.  I have very little communication with my own family so I know the loss hurts even when you know that a relationship is not really realistic. 
Today I did 11 miles in my 139 min on the treadmill.  That was the most I have ever been able to go in the 139 minutes allowed on each session of the treadmill.  The farthest I had gone prior was 10.4 miles.  I was fast enough to hit 11 today.  Just goes to show you that tempo runs do work.  I will continue to do them.  I came in 3rd in my age group in the race I did last weekend.  I am pretty proud of that.  My time was 26:46.  That is the fastest I have ever done a 5k.  I am glad that I did that race.  It gave me a lot of confidence and I was able to talk myself and therefore run through a very difficult period.  Doing the shorter race was a good idea to help build that confidence for me.  Smart move.  When I wanted to walk, I only had a little over a mile to go so I could mentally talk myself through it at that point.  With less than 10 minutes to run (eve if I was going super slow which I was not) I knew I could do it and I did.  I think I can tackle the 10k in under an hour finally and I really do believe that I can do the Aug half in under 2 hours.  I really do. 
I ate like crap yesterday, of course.  I am paying for it today.  My stomach is not happy.  I took a pro-biotic hoping that will calm things down a bit.  We will see.  Not doing that again any time soon.  That is the other part of the problem with going to my in-laws.  Not many healthy choices.  I end up eating not good for you food and food that I am not used to eating either.  Not a good combo. 
Getting warmer which just puts me in a better mood.  The sun is shining and temps are supposed to be 70 day.  I can deal with that!

No comments: