Saturday, September 29, 2012

First trail race

And I totally bit at one point.  Since it was trail, though, the fall was not too bad.  My hands got a little scratched up.  I had a freaking blast and would do it all over again.  It was easily one of the toughest challenges I have ever done as a runner considering that it was almost complete trail and 8 miles, but I would love to do it again next week.  It made me feel so powerful and strong.  I ran it with my BFF and our time was 1:30:14 which considering that it has just rained the night before and there was a lot of forced walking on rocks and such, I do not believe that is too bad.  I am appropriately tired, but nothing other than my foot hurts.  My IT band was acting towards the latter part, but it feels fine now.  The stretching and rolling all week has clearly helped.  I feel like I can do the half.  I do not believe that with the IT band acting up, the marathon is a good idea this year, but next year, it is on.  I am mentally ready.  I am totally talking my BFF into this race again next year.  Trail running more fun than I had ever expected or imagined.  I did not think I was missing much, but as it turns out, I was missing out on a lot.  Loads of fun.  I think my BFF and I will add a trail run into our workouts every once in a while.  Just loads of fun!!  I actually said that I cannot wait to see where I am sore tomorrow. 
I am happy that the IT band is not too bad. I hit on that knee when I fell so I thought for sure that it would start really yelling at me, but it waited until closer to the end and it has been ok today.  I am getting ready to stretch now.  I see Jason on Tues so hopefully he can help fix me further. 
I need to get the eating under control.  Godiva dessert truffles and pumpkin ice cream are awesome and all, but they are not going to help me get to my weight goal, and I really want to get to my weight goal.  After running the race today, I feel like I could do anything so I feel like I can lose those last 8 pounds. The time is right.  Just how I feel. 

No comments: