Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer is ending.

How depressing.  No more trips to the water park.  It has closed until 2013.  I already miss the hot humid days which is funny because most folks would say that today was hot and humid.  This am, though, there was a crispness that was new.  You can feel fall closing in.  I will say that I will not miss the 74/75 degree 2 hour runs.  It will be much more comfortable doing long runs in the cooler ams.  I will not come home like a complete sweat ball.  I do make one request, though, a nice stretch of cool but not cold ams are ideal.  This past spring, it went from mid 40's to upper 60's in all of two weeks.  If I could get a long stretch of low 60's and mid 50's,  I would appreciate it very much.
I feel ready to tackle my challenge of finally getting down to 125.  I was at 132.5 this am.  I don't know what has changed.  I think my focus.  I feel ready to be the best version of myself and I think that the 125 Tiffy is going to be part of the best version of me.  There are other things, of course, that will make me the best version, but fitness speaking, I think that 125 pounds will do a lot for me.  I have a trail run later this month and I am very much looking forward to it.  I have never done a trail run before so I am quite excited.  In Nov, I have the next half marathon.  I plan to me a total me 5k in early Oct.  There is a local farm that has a pumpkin 5k run through a pumpkin patch.  How perfect is that for me!  During my half marathon, I fulfilled my desire to run through or by miles of farmland.  I did it and it was as beautiful as I thought it would be.  The pumpkin patch will be awesome!
We have a busy fall ahead and I am focusing on that so I do not get too depressed.  I am already looking forward to my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  I drink all am and then make a rice krispy treat turkey.  I will post a pick next year. It was loads of fun in 2011.  I hope it will be as fun in 2012.  Of course, I did that while cooking Thanksgiving dinner too.  It was just a load of fun!
I am looking forward to this weekend's run.  It will be the first long run since the half.  I am excited for it.  I thought I would be relieved that they were over when the half was over.  Little did I know that I would miss them and I would sign up for another half.  15 miles, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: