Sunday, September 9, 2012

And back to your regularly scheduled long run....

I am back to the long runs.  This am was nice and cool.  I have not done a long run in 2 weeks so it was not easy.  I had to push quite a bit.  The areas around my knees are nice and sore.  It amazes me that in just two weeks, I lost leg strength.  I have another long run next weekend so hopefully the transition back to long runs will be quick.  I am so tired of everyone asking me if I am doing a marathon.  Trying to explain to folk how unfair it is to tell my hubby and kids that I am going to be out running for 5 hours on a Sat or Sun gets tiring.  Maybe it is ok for them to tell their families that.  It is not ok for me.  I work full time.  As it is, I see my kids so rarely, I feel.  Although after today, rarely would be too much.  I don't know why we hit the crazy button at the store this am or why my son is so negative, but it is about to make me crazy.  I am tired.  I think I took a nap earlier.  If I did, it was not very restful.  I definitely lost some time as I laid down in bed, but I do not feel like I slept.  Strange. 
As I was running today, I was thinking about last fall and how much has changed for my physically since then.  Part of the reason I left the half marathon off of my New Year's Resolution list was because I was not sure if I would be able to run more than a few miles at a time as of Dec 31, 2011.  I was recovering from estrogen dominance and a slipped disk that laid me out for days.  That day that the disk slipped will go down as one of the worst days of my life.  Talk about pain.  The pain was unlike anything I had ever felt before and hope to never feel again.  Then when I tried running again, my calf burned so much that I limped for days after just a few miles.  I never thought that I could regularly run 2 hours+.  What a difference a year makes. Now that the school year has set in, I am no longer so depressed.  I bought a nice pair of running gloves today.  That makes thinking about running in the cold a little easier.  This Wed is supposed to be 54.  My BFF and I will run.  I am borderline on wearing my ear cover.  I wish that I could get a few days of low 60's.  That would be ideal.  This am was gorgeous and perfect. 
I overate at dinner so I feel ill.  I knew I was overeating as I finished the burger.  I should have stopped there.  I feel ill now.  Let that be a lesson to me.  Listen to your body....

No comments: