Saturday, July 16, 2011

They say everything happens for a reason

but there are still some things I do not know why they happen. I had close friends lose their daughter in a tragic accident 6 years ago. I was pregnant with my first child at the time and I just remember not understanding why she had to die. I could not understand why that was part of this great plan. Then her parents later went on to have another child they never would have had otherwise. Then I understood a little more. Would they return their son to have their daughter back. I am betting not. It is a complicated issue. In theory, you would want to have both, but one would not exist without the other passing. I personally think that their son is going to do something great in life. Maybe he will cure cancer. I do not know, but there is a reason he is here. I understand that. What I do not get, though, are the types of stories I read about yesterday. A five year old found a gun in his house and accidentally shot his 2 year old brother in the head. What purpose does that serve? As a mom, I will tell you that I had I been that mother, I would have gone to jail over it. Why? Because I would never have let my 5 year old know that he had shot his brother. I would have claimed it as my own fault. I would not want my child knowing that he did that for the rest of his life, and as a five year old, he would eventually forget. They would take me to jail, but it would not matter to me. So tell me how is that accident that happened with the brothers part of this great plan. I cannot make sense of it.

No comments: