Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back from vacation.

The fam and I just got back from vacation. How rejuvenating it was. I seriously missed the beach. I forgot how much I love it. It really is the best place in the world. I have been to Aruba so all of you beach snobs, yes, there are nicer beaches out there. I am very aware of that, but there is something about being at a beach with a boardwalk. There is always something going on down there. It is just fun to watch. I could sit for hours and just watch the goings on on the beach and boardwalk. It is just entertainment pure and simple. I cannot wait to go back. How I missed it. Poor Jon. Now he is going to spend a small fortune on beach hotel rooms from now on. Poor guy.
I took an edition of Oxygen with me. I am glad that I did. It taught me a lot. I am weak. I need to work on strength. I always talk about taking "it" to the next level but never really do. My friend Ann taught me a lot last week. We were running and it was hot...about 80. Hot and humid. We did finish our 4 miles. I mentioned to her that I wanted to stop at mile 2. She said, "Well, you finished and you run even further if you had or wanted to." She was right. As much as I felt like I might fall over, I could do it. It is in me. I carried that thought with me throughout my vacation as I ran on the beach. I wanted to quit some of the time, but I kept on going because I knew that I could do it. Thanks, Ann. She is a good friend. That is clear. Back to clean eating tomorrow and I am going to do it. I am going to get down to 135 where I want to weigh and I am going to run a half marathon (I think--depends on schedule when my son starts school in the fall.) Clean eating and taking care of myself. Folks often say that life is too short to not eat dessert or sit and relax. I say life is too short not to eat well and take care of my body. I do not want to live forever, but I want to live well while I am here and that means taking care of myself and eating well and being healthy and following through on some serious dreams of mine. I tend to get into fits where I lament over what I missed out on in college because I was fat and depressed. Time to make it for it now. I can never get my youth back, but I can live now and enjoy life and enjoy this part of my youth.
No one got sunburned any place other than their face so I think I did fairly well. I totally sweat that one!

No comments: