Friday, July 29, 2011

Did I mention that I love the beach

Maybe it is more the goings on at the beach. We got there and right in front of our hotel there was a volleyball tournament. I do not particularly care for volleyball, but it meant that something went on all of the time right in front of us which was pretty cool. I prefer the people at the beach. They are much more easy going than my suburban counterparts here. Jon Caldwell was a good friend of mine in high school. He totally personifies what I think of when I think of beach people. Very cool, calm, collected and just plain laid back.
Going to the beach invigorated me. It reminded me that I am not 70 so I should stop acting like it. I am the oldest 35 year old that I know. I have lived like this for the last 25 years. I missed so much of my youth (trying not to be so bitter about that part.) Now I feel like I need to live life and enjoy it. I want to do things with the kids and not be afraid to do it just because it might be hard or make the week difficult or put my daughter in bad mood for 5 minutes. I am ready to do things that I always wanted to do but was too afraid to do. It was very liberating going there...I guess that is the best way to explain it. Jon says that I am always controlled. I am very controlled and always afraid of making the wrong move. Who the hell cares? I am not so afraid of appearing foolish any more. I am ready to run a half marathon. I may not make one this year, but I am definitely doing one next year. I am keeping cooler weather runs on my mind too. There is sweetheart one in Feb that I would like to do with the hubby. It is an 8k. I just think it will be fun.
I am ready to get back to the beach now and I mean NOW! I want that cool, laid back feeling back. I hope to keep some remnant of it at least!!

No comments: